It’s important that you know your skin type. It allows you to find the right skin products and because every skin type needs a specific treatment, it prevents things getting worse. It’s crucial if you want your face to look at its best. For those who aren’t sure of their skin type, here’s your salvation!
Short but powerful.
There are six skin types and most skin treatment products are specifically for one of these:
- If you have a NORMAL SKIN, you’re very lucky: your skin looks clean and smooth. You have no particular dry or oily spots and you have barely noticeable pores. Fine lines are minimal too.
- DRY SKIN means you have dry or very dry spots on your face. In the more severe cases, your skin starts to flake. After you clean your skin, it feels more tense.
- An OILY SKIN is impure and greasy. Your pores are enlarged and you have acne, blackheads.
- COMBINATION SKIN is the most common skin type. You have both oily and dry zones. The dry patches are on your cheeks and underneath your eyes while the oily patches are in your T-zone (the forehead, the nose and the chin).
- SENSITIVE SKIN is irritated easily, has red spots and tends to itch. It reacts with many products. Sensitive skin is usually (very) dry, too.
- Then there’s also the MATURE SKIN. This skin is less tight and has fine lines and wrinkles.
I have combination skin. Most of my products are from the Seaweed range of The Body Shop and I’m very happy with the results! I treat the very dry skin underneath my eyes with a product specifically for dry skin.
Q: Which skin type do you have? Do you use products based on your skin type?